The Estria Foundation creates art in public spaces locally and globally. We collaborate with communities on creative projects that raise awareness and inspire action in the movement to advance culture and to resolve human and environmental issues.
The Estria Foundation is a community-based organization dedicated to lasting systemic and social change. Through workshops, speaking engagements, projects, and events, the foundation is committed to creating public art advocating justice and peace in under-served communities worldwide; and teaching others how to use art in public to raise awareness about their causes. www.estria.org
10 Points of Unity
These ten points of unity define the politics of The Estria Foundation and guide our work.
- Free Speech: We support freedom of expression, without fear of persecution.
- Human Rights: We believe in the protection of human rights.
- Creativity: creativity leads to a healthier, more balanced lifestyle, with tolerance, openness, improved problem-solving, and increased self-confidence.
- Self-Determination: We support efforts for people to determine their own future.
- Racial, Class, Gender, and Sexual Orientation Equality: We oppose racism, classism, and gender and sexual discrimination.
- Personal and Professional Development: We believe on-going study makes people more effective leaders for achieving social change.
- Youth as an Integral Part of Society: Youth must be included in decision-making, and be given all opportunities for learning.
- Environmental Consciousness: We encourage environmental consciousness and rally communities’ efforts to ensure the survival of the human race and other living creatures.
- Corporate Responsibility: We encourage companies to have a positive impact on people and the environment.
- Engagement: We require engagement from stakeholders and a sense of ownership among the local people where our projects are located
Visit The Estria Foundation for more information on our other projects, and to get involved!